Consumer Market Scoreboard

The consumer market scoreboard tracks how the EU market is performing for EU consumers. It tracks consumer conditions in 52 markets, accounting for around 60% of the household expenditure.
Please refer to the following link for a copy of the 10th edition of the consumer market scoreboard.

European Consumer Centres E-commerce report 2014

PRESS RELEASE                                                                                                            […]

Commission welcomes improved situation for clients of car rental companies

On 8 August, the European Commission made public a letter sent to the CEOs of six international car rental companies, asking them to end practices preventing consumers from accessing best available prices on the basis of their country of residence (IP/14/917).
Three car rental companies were considered not to have responded sufficiently to the concerns raised […]

Buying services everywhere in the EU

Click here to download report

The ECC Net published its annual report for 2013: Over 80,000 EU consumers helped by European Consumer Centres in 2013

The ECC Network saw an increase in contacts of 11.1% to just over 80,000 in the number of times that consumers contacted any one of the Centres between 2012 and 2013.  These are consumers who have contacted the Centres with queries about their rights or have raised specific problems with the ECC.

Click here to download […]

Basketball World Cup 2014

“ECC-Net: Travel App” A new mobile application supporting European consumers

Bought something on holiday that became defective shortly afterwards? Trouble with rental cars or hotel accommodation booked from home? Delayed plane on the return flight? In case the holiday turns out differently than planned you should know what to do to exercise your rights . Even better: You can also say it!
Especially for the summer […]

Taking consumer rights into the digital age: over 507 million citizens will benefit as of today

Good news for Europe’s more than 507 million consumers: as of today, new EU legislation will bolster their rights throughout the European Union. The new EU Consumer Rights Directive, which has now entered into force, strengthens consumers’ rights wherever and whenever they shop in Europe – online or on the high street. Businesses will also […]

Co-ordinated enforcement action leads to greater compliance with Consumer Rights on travel websites

In a concerted action by national consumer authorities co-ordinated by the European Commission an astonishing 382 out of 552 websites checked in 2013 did not respect European consumer law. As a result of vigorous enforcement action, 62% of the websites checked are now treating consumers as they should. The remaining 38% can expect further action […]

Commission and Member States to raise consumer concerns with app industry

Europe’s “app economy” is booming. It employs over 1 million people and is expected to be worth €63bn in the next five years. According to the external app analytics platform Distimo, around 80% of the revenue – estimated at over 10 billion EUR per year – of one supplier comes from purchases made by consumers […]